How often should I do Pilates?
Pilates is best studied 2-3 times a week. Having said that, three is better than two, two is better that one and one is better than none! If money is not an issue then incorporating private or duet sessions are optimal. If these are not affordable on a regular basis, group classes will still get you results and you can choose to add in a private session every 4-6 weeks, or when money allows.
Do I need to be in shape before I start Pilates?
No, the system is such that we can tailor the workout to your current fitness level. Pilates is for everyone and every BODY.
I am strong and extremely athletic, can Pilates benefit me?
Of course! Pilates will help to develop core strength and stability and this has a phenomenal effect on sports performance. The flexibility gains from Pilates will help keep the body mobile and you have a better chance of staying injury free. It is normal in the first few weeks to feel as though you are not getting a workout as we build a solid base while reprogramming the body. This foundation will set you up for a powerful and dynamic workout that will keep you safe and make you sweat!
I have a shoulder/back/knee injury, can I do Pilates?
Absolutely. There are thousands of exercises and modifications for different conditions and we are well equipped to work with various injuries. We recommend you have clearance from you PT and that you book in for a private session first so that you can be made aware of the proper modifications for your injury.
What do I wear?
Comforable athletic wear that allows the instructor to see the form of your body.
I am pregnant, can I do Pilates?
Every body and each pregnancy is unique and while it is generally not recommended to start a new exercise program when you become pregnant, we do work with pregnant women in private and specific pre natal group sessions. If you become pregnant while doing Pilates, there is a good chance you will be able to keep going-with some adjustments-well into your third trimester. Always consult with your health care provider first.
My gym offers Pilates classes…why should I come to your studio?
Not all Pilates is the same. We specialize in teaching true Pilates and your instructor is comprehensively certified and committed to teaching the authentic Pilates Method. We also have a wide range of apparatus and the expertise to use it.
Studio polices and etiquette
All sessions by appointment only. Payment is required for all sessions in advance in order for a reservation to be made. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or e-transfer. We accept credit card through our online scheduler, however as a small business we request that you use another form of payment so that we can keep ours costs down. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
To avoid charges for missed appointments, you must cancel or reschedule 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR SESSION. We will attempt to fill your session/class reservation regardless of when you cancel, but if you cancel with less that 24 hours notice, and your spot is not filled, you will be charged. We do understand that there are times when circumstances are out of your control and we offer "late cancel passes" for these times. Each package has a different number of passes, please contact us for further info.
- Parking: Parking is available for 6 cars in the driveway. Please park smartly nose to tail so that we can fit everyone in. Parking is not allowed on the street between 9am-5pm during the winter ( 1st October-31st March). Please do not park or block my neighbours driveways.
- Arrive on time: Sessions cannot be extended. If you arrive late, you will receive the balance of you time for your session.
- Injuries: Please Inform your teacher if you have injuries or conditions that may impact your workout.
- Phones: As a courtesy to your teacher and fellow students we ask that all cell phones to be turned off while in the studio.
- What not to wear: avoid scents that give off a strong odor such as perfume and please do not wear clothing with zippers as they can rip the vinyl. Socks are optional, but please wear them if you have any foot infection.
- Caution: This is your practice take it at your pace. We are all at different levels so don’t push it.
- Clean-up: Disinfectant and towels are provided for cleaning mats and equipment. Always remember to clean your equipment, mat, and props/accessories after use.